Minnesota's Finest Law Firm
Attorney & Advisor
"Our law firm knows what it takes to succeed. Success requires experience, preparedness, tenacity and a true client partnership."
Sooner or later everyone needs a lawyer. MacDonald Law Firm provides excellent service to our clients. We know that your case is the most important one out there. The attorneys at MacDonald Law Firm are experienced in handling complex legal matters involving Family Law, Divorce, Paternity, Adoption, Probate, Estate Planning, Injury, Workers Compensation, Criminal Defense, Business, Real Estate Law and more ...
- Family Law - Divorce, Separation, Child Custody & Support - Family law addresses issues close to home. Who has to move out? Who gets what property? Who will get custody of the children? What parenting time will be arranged? Will there be child support or spousal maintenance paid? Our experienced and compassionate Family Law attorneys have represented clients in all aspects of Marriage Dissolution and Separation including Custody, Parenting Time, Division of Property and Business Interests, Support Determinations, and Modification of Custody and Support.
- Family Law - Paternity, Parental Rights, Child Custody & Child Support - Aside from traditional custody matters, we represent both fathers and mothers in paternity actions, proceedings where the parties have children but were never married. MacDonald Law Firm also represents clients in Third Party Custody, Relative and Grandparent Custody and Visitation proceedings. MacDonald Law Firm advises clients and prepares the required Prenuptial, Cohabitation and Parenting Agreements.
- Family Law - Domestic Abuse & Harassment Cases - We have worked with parties to initiate and respond to Domestic Abuse and Harassment Restraining Order proceedings. We have helped our clients defend wrongful petitions for Orders for Protection, including false allegations of abuse.
- Family Law - Adoption & Stepparent Adoption - If you are considering adoption, whether you are a birth parent, or prospective adoptive parents, you will need to work with an adoption lawyer. Our lawyers understand the complexities of Adoption Law, and can be effective advocates for you. MacDonald Law Firm represents parties to an adoption including closed or open adoptions, stepparent and relative adoptions, agency and private adoptions, adult adoptions, contested adoptions, juvenile court proceedings, and mediation of adoption disputes.
- Estate Planning - Wills, Trusts & Elder Law - There is no time like the present to prepare for the future. In a comprehensive Estate Plan, Wills and Trusts are often used in combination with other Estate Plan documents including Powers of Attorney and Health Care Directives to distribute the assets of the estate at death. Trusts can be used to avoid probate court, and minimize your estate taxes.
- Probate, & Estate Administration - When someone dies, the probate court decides how to distribute assets. Although the term “probate” most commonly refers to settling an estate in court after a death, probate court is also involved with proceedings for guardians and conservators of estates of adults or children unable to handle their affairs.
- Personal Injury, Work Injury, Auto Accidents & Wrongful Death - If you or someone you know is injured or dies because someone was negligent, the victim and their loved ones have a legal right to compensation. If you are injured on the job or because of the job, you may have a legal right to workers compensation. This compensation can cover the cost of lost work and medical care. Our Personal Injury and Workers Compensation attorneys can advise and assist you.
- Criminal Defense, Assaults & Drunk Driving - If you are about to be charged or have been charged with a crime, the government must prove its case against you beyond a reasonable doubt. At MacDonald Law Firm, our criminal defense attorneys defend adults and juveniles facing felony, misdemeanor and gross misdemeanor criminal charges, including Theft, Assaults, Drunk Driving, and more. We also represent victims and the family of victims of serious crimes.
- Business & Real Estate - When it comes to business legal matters, you need practical advice that takes into account your individual business goals and needs. MacDonald Law Firm can provide your small or medium sized business the advantage of custom designed legal services. If you are purchasing or selling a home or business property, you will want to make sure it’s done right.
- Mediation, Arbitration & Dispute Resolution - Mediation is a process where both parties work with a neutral third party mediator to reach a mutually agreed upon decision. We represent and advise our clients who are or might become involved in a lawsuit as a result of a dispute, whether in the prevention, settlement or civil litigation of such matters.